Squid Adobo (Adobong Squid) - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Squid Adobo (Adobong Squid)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Squid Adobo (Adobong Squid) with 11 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Squid Adobo (Adobong Squid):
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 1 small bay leaf.
- 3 clove garlic, crushed.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1 lb Squid, cleaned and gutted, left whole.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 1 small onion, sliced thin.
- 1 small tomato, cut into 4.
Step by step how to cook Squid Adobo (Adobong Squid):
- Combine the vinegar, water, salt, pepper, bay leaf, garlic and sugar in a saucepan..
- Add the squid and marinate for 1 hour. Remove the squid and reserve the liquid..
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in the oil. Add the squid and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SQUID..
- Pour the reserved liquid over the squid, and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Serve with steamed white rice..
- VARIATION: For more texture and dimension of sweet to sour, add 2 quartered, medium tomatoes to the sauce after the squid is sautéed..