Yukon Gold Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Yukon Gold Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Yukon Gold Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with 7 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Yukon Gold Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- 2 pounds potatoes – peeled and cut into 1” dice.
- Add water one inch to cover peeled potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon salt add to the cold water and potatoes for cooking.
- 4 ounces milk or half and half or heavy cream.
- 2 ounce butter.
- 1/2 head roasted garlic, smashed to a paste.
- To taste salt and pepper -- to taste.
Step by step how to cook Yukon Gold Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- Place garlic in a small oven proof pan/ bowl and put 2 ounces of oil in the pan cover with foil tightly.( I like to cut through the center of the head of garlic.Roast in oven till soft, approx. 15 -25 minutes at 350 degrees F. It should be soft, tender, and very lightly brown. Take out from the oil and take off the skins and smash up to add later.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1” dice- consistent size is most important. Place in sauce pan and cover by one inch with cold water add salt to taste slightly salty Bring the potatoes to a boil and turn down to a simmer –cook until they are tender. About 20 -25 minutes.
- Test the potatoes for doneness before draining.
- Place cooked potatoes in a kitchen aid mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the roasted garlic, milk and butter to the potatoes. Whip until fluffy, over whipping will cause them to become gummy-rubbery. Adjust seasoning as needed.