Brad's chicken in red thai curry - . Today I am sharing this Brad's chicken in red thai curry! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! This easy Thai curry with chicken, red curry paste, green onions, and broccoli takes little time to cook and has a nice spiciness to it. This Thai chicken curry is case in point. In developing the recipe, the biggest challenge was figuring out the best way to cook the chicken. It starts with a homemade Thai red curry paste which is easily put together with your food processor or blender. Definitely a new favorite at our house and better than any restaurant!
Watch how to make amazing Thai red curry at home in this short recipe video! This vegetable curry is made with common grocery store ingredients. This Thai Red Chicken Curry is incredibly delicious, so easy to make with bite size chicken pieces, snow peas and simmered in a red curry and coconut milk sauce.
You can cook Brad's chicken in red thai curry with 16 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Brad's chicken in red thai curry:
- 2 lg chicken breasts, cubed to 1 inch pieces.
- 2 med youkon gold potatoes.
- 1 lg shallot, chopped.
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, then sliced thin.
- 1 (13 oz) can coconut milk.
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies.
- 1 tsp ground ginger.
- 1 tbs rice vinegar.
- 2 tbs red curry paste.
- 1 tbs minced garlic.
- 1 tbs garlic chile sauce.
- 1 tbs brown sugar.
- 1 tbs fish sauce.
- 1 tbs granulated chicken bouillon.
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro.
- 1/4 cup chopped thai basil.
Thai Red Curry Paste - This firm red paste gives the curry all the flavor it needs. You can use store-bought or homemade curry paste (see below for Chicken - Boneless, skinless chicken breast stays tender as it simmers in the flavorful coconut broth. There are lots of other options you can use instead. Making your own Thai red curry paste takes time, but you'll be astonished at the difference.
Step by step how to cook Brad's chicken in red thai curry:
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a wok. saute shallots until they just start to turn brown. add geeen chiles and garlic. saute 1 more minute..
- Deglaze pan with rice vinegar..
- Add coconut milk and a half can of water. bring to a simmer..
- I was pressed for time so i microwaved the potatoes until they were done. then cubed them..
- Simmer chicken for 5 minutes..
- Add rest of ingredients. simmer until zucchini is tender crisp..
- Add prepared rice to a bowl. top with curry. garnish with fresh basil and a lime wedge. serve and enjoy..
Leftover paste will keep in the fridge for about three weeks. It's easier than you think to make this classic Thai dish at home in your slow cooker. Red curry paste and coconut milk give this dish its uniquely complex flavor. Add green/red chilies and optional vegetables cook it for a minute. Thai Red Curry Chicken is ready to be.