Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup with 12 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup:
- 1 large head cauliflower.
- 1 medium leek - thoroughly washed, cut into large pieces.
- 2 tbs olive oil.
- 1 tbs coconut oil.
- 2 tbs curry powder.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric.
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp honey or agave nectar (optional).
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock.
- 1 can coconut milk.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Curried Roasted Cauliflower Leek Soup:
- Preheat oven too 400°F. Cut cauliflower into 2" pieces. Spread cauliower and white part of leek on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower and leek, toss to coat. Place in oven and roast until very tender tender. About 35-40 min. Remove from oven, cover with another sheet of foil and let rest about 10 min..
- While cauliflower is resting mix curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne in a small bowl. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil. As soon as it melts add spices and sautée 20-30 SECONDS only..
- Add vegetable stock and salt (and honey/agave if desired). Stir to combine. Bring seasoned stock to a simmer. Let simmer about 5 minutes. Transfer stock to a heat safe bowl or pitcher..
- Uncover cauliflower/leek combo. Place half of combo in blender with half of vegetable stock. Blend to a nearly smooth puree. Pour back into sauce pan. Repeat process with remaining half of ingredients. Turn heat back on to medium low..
- Shake can of coconut milk vigorously to emulsify. Open and pour into saucepan with puree (reserve 1-2tsp for optional garnish). Stir to combine. Heat until just warmed through. Serve with na'an and enjoy!.