Eggplant casserole number 1 - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Eggplant casserole number 1! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes! Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. The combination of eggplant, tomato sauce, and melted cheese is wonderful. If you like eggplant, I think you will love this cheesy eggplant casserole. The combination of deeply flavorful, roasted eggplant slices, tangy tomato. Use Chef John's simple techniques to make an eggplant casserole that has all the flavor and texture of the traditional version with fewer calories and a lot less oil.
Spread crumb mixture over eggplant casserole. The Eggplant Casserole recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable! Remove eggplant from water bath, pat dry place in a greased casserole dish.
You can cook Eggplant casserole number 1 with 8 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Eggplant casserole number 1:
- 1 stick margarine.
- 15 oz evaporated milk.
- 60 crackers. crumble the saltine crackers.
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 tsp salt.
- water I used a cup.
- 6 medium aubergines.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
Top with meat mixture and scallions. Eggplant whether used in a vegetarian casserole or one containing meat, often veal, it is a delicious main course dish. I have a lot of eggplant in my garden, so I am looking for various ways to prepare it. This was served as a side dish in the recipe, but I served it as a meatless main dish over brown rice.
Step by step how to cook Eggplant casserole number 1:
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
- Peel and chop the eggplant. Cook eggplant in water about three quarters of the way up on the aubergine. add stick of margarine and salt and pepper if you use it..
- Cook the aubergine till translucent and most of moisture is gone..
- Add milk and equal amount of cracker crumbs.
- If to dry add a bit of water if to wet add cracker crumbs.
- Add to a deep oven safe dish, about two thirds of the way up then add a thin layer of cheese then cover with more aubergine mixture then more cheese..
- Bake in oven for 25 -30 minutes.
This keto eggplant parmesan casserole is the perfect comfort food. You'll love the cheese, gluten-free breading, and authentic Italian flavor! Eggplant Casserole recipe: A wonderful substitute for pasta sauce or an excellent dish on its own. Combine eggplant, egg, onion, salt and tomato in the casserole dish. Top with butter cut into small chunks.