Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa) - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa) with 26 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa):
- 2 cup sweet potato, cubed.
- 2 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded.
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, julienned.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1/2 cup peanut, crushed.
- 6 each lettuce leaves.
- 1/2 lb ground pork.
- 2 cup string beans, chopped.
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced.
- 1 pork cube.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 2 each raw eggs.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 1/2 cup milk.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 2 cup water.
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced.
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, diluted in 4 tbsp water.
- 1 salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter ( optional ).
Step by step how to cook Fresh Spring Roll (Filipino Lumpiang Sariwa):
- In a heated pan, pour-in the cooking oil then sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and cook until color turns light brown. Put-in the pork cube and add ½ cup water then simmer until pork is tender..
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are soft..
- Put-in carrots, and string beans then mix with the other ingredients. Add the cabbage and let cook for 5 minutes. Add the fish sauce and mix. Set aside.
- Make the wrapper. In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and beat. Add the milk while beating. Put in the salt and all-purpose flour then mix thoroughly. Add the vegetable oil and mix well. Turn the stove on to medium heat and put the non-stick pan in place. Spray the pan with oil or grease with butter. Pour-in the wrapper mixture (about half a cup) and tilt the pan to distribute the liquid evenly. Cook until the top part of the mixture is dry (about 2 minutes). Using a spatula, remove the cooked mixture and place in a flat plate. Set aside.
- Make the sauce. In a saucepan, pour the water and bring to a boil. Add the brown sugar. Put some salt and soy sauce then mix. Dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan. Cook until the sauce becomes thick. Set aside..
- Wrap the filling. Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper. Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf). Close the wrapper by folding the lower part first then roll the sides until the filling is sealed. Pour the sauce over the Lumpiang Sariwa and garnish with crushed peanuts and minced garlic. Serve. Share and Enjoy!.