Grandma’s Famous Menudo - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Grandma’s Famous Menudo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Grandma’s Famous Menudo with 11 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Grandma’s Famous Menudo:
- 2 tomatoes; diced.
- 1 small onion; diced.
- 5 cloves garlic; minced.
- 2 lbs. pork butt; cut in half inch chunks.
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes; cut in half inch chunks (same size as pork).
- Soy sauce.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 box raisins.
- 1 can beef broth.
- 1/2 can tomato paste.
- 1 sliced green bell pepper.
Step by step how to cook Grandma’s Famous Menudo:
- Sauté the shit out of the first 3 ingredients in a pan of oil on medium heat. Tomatoes should be wilted, onions translucent, and fragrant. This takes a good 6-7 mins..
- Meanwhile, marinate the pork butt in soy sauce. Put just enough to coat all the meat. See grandpa below:.
- Add juice of half a lemon. See grandma & grandpa below:.
- Sauté in a pan of oil on med-high heat until the liquid is absorbed. Cover. See annoying sister below:.
- Cut up some potatoes in the same.5in size as the meat. Fry these up in a separate pan until slightly brown..
- Add in some black pepper, the pre-sautéed tomato onion garlic mixture (about 1.5 cups worth), and half a can of tomato paste. Sauté..
- Dump in a whole can of beef broth and simmer until the meat is tender. ~15 more mins..
- Drop in a handful of raisins, some bell pepper (not pictured).. and thassss it! Serve with a bed of white rice. Love you Grandma; thank you for the recipes :) Enjoy!.