Marble Fondant #Christmasbakingcontest #Authormarathon - . Today I am sharing this Marble Fondant #Christmasbakingcontest #Authormarathon! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Marble Fondant #Christmasbakingcontest #Authormarathon with 8 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Marble Fondant #Christmasbakingcontest #Authormarathon:
- 2 tbsp gelatine.
- 2 tbsp glycerine.
- 3 tbsp shortening.
- 200 g glucose.
- 2 kg-11/2kg icing sugar.
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence.
- 3/4 cup cold water.
- 5 tbsp cornflour.
Step by step how to cook Marble Fondant #Christmasbakingcontest #Authormarathon:
- In a steel bowl, put water then spread gelatine on top, let it settle for about 10minutes by then it will bloom or look like sponge.
- Warm some water aside to be used for melting the rest of the ingredients into the bloomed gelatine..
- Into the bloomed gelatine bowl, add glycerine, shortening, glucose and vanilla essence, then put the bowl into the warm water and let the ingredients melt and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, put half of the icing sugar and make a well, pour the melted ingredients in the well and mix as you add in the remaining icing sugar, knead well with the heel of your hand to get a good hard but stretchy texture, the kneading takes quite a while to achieve the best results. Then put it in a cling paper, place it in an enclosed container and leave it overnight or for close to 8hours for better results..
- For Marble fondant, knead the fondant well with little cornflour and divide it into the number of balls equivalent to the colors you want.
- Make a rod of the fondants.
- Put the rods on top of the white fondants.
- Press them together into one rod.
- Twist them thrice and make an "s" this helps to mingle the colors. Repeat the procedure.
- Once you are done knead it just like 3times then start rolling in one direction motion. Remember to generously apply cornflour on the rolling surface to avoid sticking..
- This is how it looks.
- Carefully carry it to the top of your cake and align it well then cut the extra hangings beyond the base of the cake. Remember you should have put the cream frosting first base coat on your cake, just a little, so that the cake is kind of wet..