Master Mashed Potatoes - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Master Mashed Potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Master Mashed Potatoes with 7 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Master Mashed Potatoes:
- 2.5 lbs potatoes - russet or Yukon gold are best.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can evaporated milk.
- 6 tbs unsalted butter - cubed.
- 1/2-1 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- enough water to cover potatoes.
- 2 tsp or 2 cubes chicken bullion (optional).
Step by step how to cook Master Mashed Potatoes:
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes to 2 inch chunks. Place in colander and rinse under cold running water to rinse off excess starch. This will help keep them fluffy. Promise..
- Transfer to a medium/large pot. Add enough water to cover potatoes by about 1/2 inch. Add chicken bullion if desired (adds to the depths of flavor)..
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover and boil gently until potatoes are fork tender. About 12-15 minutes..
- Drain potatoes in colander. Return potatoes to pot over low heat. Add butter, half the can of evaporated milk, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper..
- Use manual potato masher or handheld electric mixer to mash and blend to desired consistency. Add additional evaporated milk as needed. I generally need about 3/4 of the can. Taste and add more salt as needed..
- Note: using the electric mixer will help provide a very smooth and creamy mashed potato, but be careful not to over mix as this can turn them gluey instead of creamy and fluffy..