Simple sour dough bread - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Simple sour dough bread! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! Making sourdough bread doesn't have to be complicated. This is one of the simplest sourdough breads you can make. I think it's the best, too! I like to call sourdough bread the "lazy man's bread." Yep. Sourdough Bread: a Beginner's guide is your go-to resource for delicious, handcrafted bread without kneading.
Simply put: a sourdough starter is a live culture made from flour and water. Once combined the mixture will begin to ferment, cultivating the naturally occurring wild yeasts and bacteria. Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough culture of wild yeast, you won't need any commercial yeast at all.
You can cook Simple sour dough bread with 4 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Simple sour dough bread:
- 6 cups all purpose flour.
- 1/2 tsp instant or active dry yeast.
- 2 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2 2/3 cup warm water.
Make the leaven the night before you plan to mix the dough and leave it on the counter. By the next morning, it should be bubbly and smell slightly sour. This is the simplest recipe I use when I just want some good bread without all the kneading etc, but you will need a. Making sourdough bread has recently caught on, especially since most people are stuck at home and have nothing to do.
Step by step how to cook Simple sour dough bread:
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add water, stir until ingredients are well incorporated; the dough should be wet and sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 12-24 hrs on the counter at room temp. When the surface of the dough has darkened slightly, smells yeasty, and is dotted with bubbles, it is ready..
- Lightly flour your work surface. Shape dough into flat round, dont knead. Flip over to ensure both sides are floured. Place on parchment paper and drop into dutch oven with lid..
- Place dutch oven into cold oven, preheat to 425. Once oven reaches 425, bake for 40 min. Uncover bake for 10-15 min until crust is desired colour..
- Lift parchment paper out of pot, cool on rack.
I first started baking bread when my. When the surface of the dough has darkened slightly, smells yeasty, and is dotted with bubbles Lightly flour your work surface. Shape dough into flat round, dont knead. Flip over to ensure both sides are floured. Place on parchment paper and drop.