Bacon Pie - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Bacon Pie! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Bacon Pie with 4 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bacon Pie:
- 2 packages thick sliced bacon.
- 4-5 medium potatoes, (Yukon Gold is best for this dish).
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (2 packages or as needed).
- Salt & Pepper.
Step by step how to cook Bacon Pie:
- Heat oven to 350 F (170 C).
- Wash and dry the potatoes (no need to peel them). Then slice potatoes into thin slices.
- Line a cast iron skillet with overlapping bacon as in this picture.
- Add a layer of sliced potatoes,.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper then cover with Cheddar.
- Repeat till you reach the top of the skillet (it's OK if you go about 1 - 1/2 inches higher than the edges) then fold the bacon over the top.
- Bake for about 2 1/2 hours, removing the bacon fat as it renders. The bacon fat can be stored in the fridge for other yummy purposes (like oven roasted potatoes, or other vegetables, with bacon fat).
- Cut into slices and enjoy!.