Bicol Express - . Today I am sharing this Bicol Express! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Bicol Express with 10 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bicol Express:
- 1 kilo pork belly.
- 4 cloves garlic (minced).
- 1 red onion (sliced).
- 2 tomatoes (sliced).
- 4 cups coconut milk.
- 1 cup coconut cream.
- 3 tbsp. Shrimp paste.
- 1 Red chilli pepper (sliced).
- 3 Finger chilli (sliced).
- to taste Salt & pepper.
Step by step how to cook Bicol Express:
- Heat the pan. Put the pork belly and wait for it's water to drain out and it's oil to come out. Make sure the pork has a light brown colour..
- Remove the pork from the pan, but leave it's oil..
- Using the oil, put the onion for 20 seconds, then the garlic for 15 seconds. Put the tomatoes after..
- Put back the pork belly, then put the coconut milk. Also, put the shrimp paste. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Put the red chilli pepper, then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Put the coconut cream, then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Put the finger chilli, then simmer for 5 minutes..
- Uncover the pan and let the coconut milk evaporate until the sauce thickens. The thickness of the sauce depends on how you want it served..
- If it's too bland, add salt and pepper. You might also add shrimp paste to help. If it's not that spicy, put more chilli..
- Serve it with rice and a glass of coca-cola. 😊.