Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Pillsbury™ cinnamon roll dough that's pressed into your pie plate lets you elevate your pie game without the extra work. Serve it for breakfast or If you can't get enough of cinnamon this season or you're craving a delicious spin on classic apple pie, this delicious Dutch apple pie is perfect for you. Cinnamon roll crust, cinnamon roll on top, Dutch apple filling in between. After filling the crust with apples and topping with the streusel, you might think to yourself at this point that this pie is ridiculously tall and you've lost your marbles, but fear not - once baked, the pie will deflate to normal. The difference between classic apple pie and Dutch apple pie is all in the delicious crumb topping.
Instead of a pie-crust, Dutch apple pie features a It's a simpler finish for not only a pie but for coffee cakes, muffins, and bar cookies. Feel free to add a small spoonful of ground spice—cinnamon or an. A Dutch Apple Pie also goes by the name crumble pie, or streusel pie, which gives you a little more insight into what you're about to bake than the Dutch title.
You can cook Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie with 16 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie:
- For the Crust.
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust.
- 1 Tbls unsalted butter.
- 2 Tsp ground cinnamon.
- For the Pie.
- 7 peeled, cored and thinly sliced small granny smith apples.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted.
- 1 cup Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup light brown sugar.
- Granulated sugar, for sprinkling.
- 1/2 cup Breakfast Wheaties.
- For the Icing.
- 1/2 cup powered sugar.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla.
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 2 tsp milk.
The pie has a pastry crust bottom with cinnamon-scented apples piled onto it, and then it's topped with a crumble or streusel topping. This apple pie recipe is found on the Pillsbury website under the title Cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple Pie. Apple Crumble Pie — Let's Dish Recipes. This Dutch Apple Pie recipe has everything I love in an apple pie AND MORE!
Step by step how to cook Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Unroll pie crust onto a glass pie dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and granulated sugar. Pour the 1/2 cup of Wheaties to cover bottom of pie crust. (This is a key ingredient, trust me no one will know its there but it does the job, keeps the pie together)..
- Place sliced apples in a mound on top of the Wheaties. In a large bowl, combine butter, flour and brown sugar and form into crumbles using fingers or a pastry blender. Sprinkle crumbles over apples..
- Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over crumbles. Bake pie until the top and crust are a golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 40 minutes (cover top/crust with foil if necessary to prevent it from getting too dark). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack..
- In a small bowl, whisk together powered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and milk to form the icing (add more sugar or milk to reach desired consistency). Using a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with one end cut off, pipe on the icing in a swirl on top of the crumbles on fully cooled pie..
And by more, I mean a thick layer of buttery crumb topping that's SO GOOD! Also known as an Apple Crumble Pie, this delicious Autumn dessert is not to be missed. Dutch Apple Pie is For All You Crumb Topping Lovers! recipes. Toss filling to redistribute juices; transfer to crust, mounding in center. Pack topping over and around apples.