Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots) - . Today I am sharing this Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots) with 7 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots):
- 2 cups frozen peas (or peas and carrots).
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbs water - divided.
- 1 cup whole milk.
- 1-2 tsp white sugar (or honey).
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 2-3 tsp cornstarch.
Step by step how to cook Creamed Peas (and sometimes carrots):
- Place veggies and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Continue to simmer, covered, about 2 minutes..
- Add milk and heat back up to almost simmering. Stir 2 tsp cornstarch and last tbs water together in a small bowl. Slowly pour into saucepan, stirring constantly..
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. If sauce seems too thin stir an additional tsp cornstarch into a little more water and mix in. Serve hot and enjoy!.