Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup with 17 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup:
- 2 chicken breast, boiled cooled and shredded (or use rotisserie).
- 2.5 cups fresh kale, chopped.
- 1 large onion, diced.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced.
- 3 celery, diced.
- 2 small-medium carrots, diced.
- 2 tbs flour.
- 2 tbs butter.
- 1.5 tsp olive oil.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/2 cup cream (half&half is fine).
- 6 cup chicken stock.
- 3/4 cup rice (uncooked).
- 1 tsp dried thyme.
- 2 tsp dried basil.
- 1 dried bay leaf.
- to taste Salt and pepper.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Chicken, Kale and Rice Soup:
- In a large pot, heat oil with butter on medium high heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion translucent. Then add your carrots and celery, cook for 4 min..
- Add the flour to the pot and cook for 2-3 min. Add your milk and cream to the pot. Cook for 5 more min, the mixture should be pretty thick..
- Add your shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine. Add all of your chicken stock. Let this cook together for about 20 min. (On medium low).
- After 20 min, add your rice and kale to the pot, cook for another 30 min. (On medium low).
- The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become..
- Note: if u boil bone in chicken for this recipe. Save the water you boiled the chicken in, just strain it to remove any icky parts and add that to your soup if you dont have stock..
- This makes a lot of soup, the leftovers are even better if you can imagine!!.