Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas - . Today I am sharing this Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas with 11 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas:
- 10 slices thick cut smoked (or not) bacon.
- Sea salt.
- 1 pound dried mini-shell or other small pasta (I use Orrechiette).
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas.
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek Yogurt (I use Cabot Yogurt).
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped Mint leaves.
- Juice of 1 onion.
- I large onion, coarsely chopped.
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas:
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted to a boil. Meanwhile, cut sliced bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, Add pasta to boiling water and cook to taste..
- While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add bacon and a sprinkling of pepper, fry for 5 minutes, then add onion until bacon is golden and crisp. Immediately add frozen peas and stir for a minute or two. Mix 1/3 cup of pasta water with yogurt and add it with chopped Mint to skillet.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta. Add pasta to the skillet and stir. Add lemon juice, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. The mixture should be a bit thick; if desired, a splash of the pasta water may be added to the sauce to thin it slightly..
- Add Parmesan and stir to mix. If desired, serve with a green salad..