Easy Breakfast Soup For Two - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Easy Breakfast Soup For Two! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Easy Breakfast Soup For Two with 11 Ingredients and 16 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Easy Breakfast Soup For Two:
- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage.. i used Jimmy dean original.
- 2 tsp dried chives.. u can use fresh.
- 4 cup chicken broth.
- 1 pepper to taste.
- 4 yokon gold potatoes.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar.
- 1 chives. for garnish (optional).
- 4 of your favorite biscuits or a handful of croutons (optional).
Step by step how to cook Easy Breakfast Soup For Two:
- in a medium to large pan crumble and fry sausage until no longer pink..
- pour in chicken broth. bring to boil..
- meanwhile wash and quarter the potatoes so they are in about bite sized wedges..
- add potatoes and chives to you're boiling broth..
- boil vigorously for 5-10 minutes our until potatoes are soft but Not falling apart..
- meanwhile whisk eggs until blended..
- once potatoes are soft bring soup down to a simmer and slowly stir in the eggs..
- add pepper to taste..
- simmer for about a minute..
- pour into two bowls..
- just before serving while soup is hot sprinkle shredded cheddar on top..
- garnish with a small amount of chives..
- serve with buttered biscuits or top with croutons for a complete meal!.
- serves 2.
- tip: for an added kick use spicy breakfast sausage and toss in done red pepper flakes!.
- hint: you can use any flavor breakfast sausage you like.