Easy Fondant Icing - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Easy Fondant Icing! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Easy Fondant Icing with 7 Ingredients and 2 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Easy Fondant Icing:
- 2 lb Confectioner's sugar, sifted (One small box).
- 1/4 cup cold water.
- 1 tbsp Unflavored gelatin.
- 1/2 cup Glucose (found in cake decorating stores) or white corn syrup.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Glycerine (found in cake decorating stores).
- 1 tsp Desired flavoring (vanilla will give the fondant an off-white color).
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch.
Step by step how to cook Easy Fondant Icing:
- •In a large bowl (do not use metal), sift the sugar and make a well in the center. In a small saucepan, add the water and sprinkle the gelatin on top to soften for about 5 minutes. Begin to heat the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is dissolved and clear. Do not boil. Turn off the heat and add the glucose and glycerine, stirring until well blended. Add the flavoring. Pour into the well of sugar, and mix until all of the sugar is blended. Use hands to knead icing until it becomes stiff. Add small amounts of confectioner's sugar if the mixture is sticky..
- •Form the mixture into a ball and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place in an airtight container. This icing works BEST if allowed to rest at room temperature for about eight hours before using, particularly if the weather is humid. Do not refrigerate..