Filet Mignon w/ Bacon-wrapped Shrimp over Spiced Bok Choy - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Filet Mignon w/ Bacon-wrapped Shrimp over Spiced Bok Choy! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Then wrap each filet in bacon and tie it with a piece of kitchen twine to hold everything in place. Place an oven-safe skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add some butter, melt it and swirl it around the pan. Wrap each filet mignon with a piece of thick-cut bacon and overlap the ends. Skillets with heat-proof handles can be placed.
Generously salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Wrap the steak with the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
You can cook Filet Mignon w/ Bacon-wrapped Shrimp over Spiced Bok Choy with 26 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filet Mignon w/ Bacon-wrapped Shrimp over Spiced Bok Choy:
- 4 (14 oz) Filet Mignon.
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 2 Cloves Garlic.
- 4 Thyme.
- 4 tbsp Butter, unsalted.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.
- 14 Shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- 14 Slices Bacon.
- 1.5 tbsp Smoked Paprika.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Spiced Bok Choy.
- 1 lb baby bok choy.
- 1 tbsp canola oil.
- 1 tbsp minced ginger.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce.
- 2 tbsp Beef Broth.
- 6 sweet pepper, sliced.
- 2 jalapeños, sliced.
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced.
- 1/8 cp green onion.
- 1/2 red onion, diced.
- 1/8 cp cilantro, chopped.
Try our recipe for bacon-wrapped filet. While filet mignon rarely needs help in the flavor department, bacon just seems to make it better. If you can find a pre-wrapped steak, then that is a plus, however, wrapping the steak yourself will give you the option of what type of bacon to use. Why wrap the food in bacon?
Step by step how to cook Filet Mignon w/ Bacon-wrapped Shrimp over Spiced Bok Choy:
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is just about to smoke, add steak. Cook until very seared, about 5 minutes, then flip and add butter and thyme. Baste with butter and cook another 5 minutes..
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for medium rare. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before slicing..
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel. Mix paprika, salt, and pepper together and season both sides of shrimp. Wrap half cooked bacon around shrimp and hold it with half toothpicks. In a skillet with medium heat. Add oil. Sauté until nice golden brown (about 3min) and flip over. Continue to sauté. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Trim the ends of the bok choy. Wash, pat dry with paper towels, and then set aside..
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the oil, and then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until soft, and then add the bok choy. Cook for 1 minute, or until the bok choy just starts to wilt..
- Stir in the oyster sauce, beef broth, and peppers, onions, cilantro, and green onion (reserve 1/4 green onion for garnish) and cook for about 1 minute or until heated through..
- Place Spiced Bok Choy on bottom. Cut filet in half or in slices. Remove toothpicks and too with bacon wrapped shrimp. Garnish with remaining green onion..
- (Half cut is shown at Medium Rare; Slices shown are Rare).
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Filet mignon and shrimp are low in fat content. Wrapping them in bacon adds fat, salt, and smoke flavor. Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon is a steakhouse classic you can easily make at home. Grilling steak wrapped with bacon combines their juices for a savory, tender steak with a touch of crispiness and irresistible flavor. Top it with compound butter and it's, well…did we already say irresistible?