Fried Potatoes with Onions - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Fried Potatoes with Onions! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Fried Potatoes with Onions with 6 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fried Potatoes with Onions:
- 1 1/2 lb red or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled.
- 1 medium sweet or regular onion, cut in slivers or diced.
- 1/4 cup bacon grease or oil of your choice.
- 1/2 stick butter.
- 1 salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp paprika.
Step by step how to cook Fried Potatoes with Onions:
- Peel potatoes and dice in 1/2 inch cubes ( larger or smaller to your liking ).
- Peel and slice onion. Toss with potatoes..
- Pour oil or bacon grease, salt, pepper and paprika over potatoes and onions..
- Toss to coat well and making sure all potatoes are coated..
- Heat skillet or electric skillet to 325. When heated, add butter and melt. Stir..
- Add potatoes, onions and oil used to coat mixture to melted butter..
- Cook covered on medium heat turning after about 10 minutes. This will give you a crispy potato..
- Turn potatoes and continue cooking until tender..
- Try to keep from to much stirring, your potatoes will turn to mush. I learned the hard way. :).
- Add more seasonings if needed..
- Drain cooked potatoes on paper towels and keep warm in 200°F oven if needed..