Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy with 22 Ingredients and 11 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy:
- 1-1/2 pound Yukon gold potatoes.
- 1/2 stick butter.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 cup powdered milk.
- As needed water to boil potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Meat squares.
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil to fry squares.
- Beef scramble.
- 1/2 pound ground beef.
- 2 large leeks.
- 1 cup celery sliced.
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onions.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 2 tablespoons heaping minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
Step by step how to cook Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy:
- Wash the leeks and celery very well. I am not exaggerating to say I washed out a 1/2 cup of sand. Slice the leeks and celery. Set aside..
- Cube the potatoes cover with water add the salt. Boil till fork tender. Pour out all but a cup of the water. Add 1/2 stick of butter, Worcestershire sauce, and powdered milk..
- Stir and mash the potatoes if more water is needed add a bit at a time. Press the ground beef flat. Adding salt and pepper. Heat the oil..
- Cut the meat sheet into small squares break apart and fry each little square..
- Turn as needed and set on a plate do this in batches..
- Take the 1/2 pound of ground beef for scrambling add to the pan you fried the little squares. Add the leeks, garlic and celery..
- Sauté till leeks and celery are tender. When tender add the dehydrated onions. Stir in the onions and then add the tablespoon of butter..
- When the butter melts add the flour. Sauté for 20minutes..
- Add the spices and beef broth stirring occasionally until it thickens..
- Add the meat squares and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add potatoes in a bowl form a crater and fill with the gravy beef squares. Serve I hope you!!!.