Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂 - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Some gumbos do contain sausage, shrimp and chicken, but there are humbler ones that are made with only salt pork, onions and greens. Finally, there is the filé powder camp. These cooks use copious amounts of the stuff, which is made from finely powdered sassafras leaves. You absolutely NEED this shrimp and sausage gumbo recipe from Delish.com in your back pocket. This is not the case with gumbo—you really need andouille.
It provides a very specific flavor associated with gumbo, so try your hardest to find it. This flavorful sausage and shrimp gumbo is a tried-and-true recipe, the perfect Louisiana gumbo to make for your family or special dinner guests. This fabulous shrimp gumbo is flavored with some spicy andouille sausage, tomatoes, and the "holy trinity" of Cajun and Creole cooking: onion, celery.
You can cook Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂 with 18 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂:
- 4 pounds sausage/bangers.
- 2 large Gumbo cans.
- 2 cans corn with red peppers and pàblõnó peppers mixed in.
- 2 cans black-eyed beans/Nero beans.
- 2 bags medium shrimp.
- to taste (seasonings & toppings):.
- black pepper.
- onion powder.
- garlic powder.
- lemon pepper.
- Creole seasoning (original).
- Hot Sauce.
- Lawry's herb and garlic with Lemon juice marinade.
- Brown rice (optional).
- Bell peppers.
- shredded cheeses (Monterey jack mixed with Colby.
- Sharp Cheddar cheese.
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up the rich sauce. You could also prepare the gumbo up to the point before you add the shrimp, and then chill and refrigerate for a day or two.
Step by step how to cook Gumbo with shrimp and sausage/bangers. 🙂:
- De-stem and de-seed your bells and cut them up..
- Dump your cans in a (stockpot) (do not drain)..
- Cut up your sausage/bangers and de-tail your shrimp. and dump them in the pot..
- Add your spices to your liking (I used about 7 big scoops for all the spices)..
- Cook rice in a separate pot..
- After the gumbos ready put the 2 kinds of cheese on top (it will melt)..
- Enjoy. ❤🙂.
- Stuff you will need. 🙂.
My take on a hearty New Orleans Gumbo with shrimp and sausage! I'm making the roux from scratch so it's extra flavorful! I substituted Keilbasa sausage as could not locate andouille and it worked great! Roux was not that difficult but requires patience 🙂. This classic Cajun dish with sliced smoked sausage, shrimp, bell peppers and okra in a rich broth is ladled into bowls over rice.