Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle) - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! Beef, carrot, eggs, garlic, green onion, ground black pepper, onion, red bell pepper, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, spinach, starch noodles, sugar, vegetable oil, white oyster mushrooms. Made with bouncy sweet potato starch noodles, dangmyeon, japchae (or chapchae) is a classic Korean dish everyone loves! Japchae (잡채) literally means "mixed vegetables." But the main ingredient of this classic dish is Korean sweet potato starch noodles (dangmyeon), also known as. Japchae or chapchae (잡채) is a very popular Korean dish. It is the number one sought after dish particularly during the Korean festive holidays But nowadays, the main highlight of the dish is glass noodles, which is made from sweet potatoes, along with colorful vegetables and well seasoned meat.
If you like Asian-inspired noodle dishes, you will love Korean japchae. You would never know that these satisfying noodles are made from sweet potatoes and are gluten free! Serve with kimchi as a garnish.
You can cook Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle) with 12 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle):
- Sweet potato noodles.
- Chilli padi.
- Cherry tomato.
- Baby kailan.
- Bell pepper (capsicum, any colour you want).
- 1 pcs Egg.
- Spring onions.
- Sesame oil.
- Light soy sauce.
- Mushroom powder.
Japchae (잡채; 雜菜) is a sweet and savory dish of stir-fried glass noodles and vegetables that is popular in Korean cuisine. Japchae is typically prepared with dangmyeon (당면, 唐麵). This classic Korean noodle dish combines translucent sweet potato noodles with lots of stir-fried vegetables and a sweet-savory sauce. What to buy: Korean sweet potato noodles, also known as starch noodles or Korean vermicelli, are made from sweet potato starch and water.
Step by step how to cook Korean japchae (sweet potato noodle):
- Cut the baby kailan, separate the stem and the leaves part..
- Cut cherry tomato to half. Cut bell peppers to thin cuts..
- Cut spring onions to 2cm size. Crushed and diced the garlic. Cut chilli padi..
- Heat up sesame oil. Put in garlic, baby kailan stem and stir fry until the leaves start to change color..
- Put in bell peppers, tomato. Stir fry. Put in mushrooms powder, cut chilli padi and sugar..
- Put in the rest of baby kailan leaves. If you like your spring onions crunchy, turn off the fire and add in spring onions. Mix it a bit and set aside. If you like your spring onions cooked just leave them with the fire on for a while..
- Boil japchae for 8 minutes or you can soak it with hot water for an hour. After soaking it just stir fry it a bit and it will become transparent. After boiling it you can strain the noodles and put in ice water if you want more chewy texture..
- Mix japchae with sesame oil and light soy sauce..
- Beat the egg and put mushroom powder in. Make a thin layer of egg on the pan. You can cut them into thin strips or just shredded them randomly with chopsticks like I did..
- Mix japchae, stir fried vegetables and egg together. They are ready!.
They are made using only sweet potato starch and water. When cooked, they turn a beautiful glass noodles. Japchae - Korean Sweet Potato Noodles with Beef & Vegetables Learn how to make healthy & delicious japchae with beef and a variety of gorgeous vegetables. The sweet potato noodles are tossed with beef and veggies in a sweet savory sauce. Make japchae at home if you want a comforting, delicious, and nutritionally balanced meal for your weekday dinner.