Lasagna - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Lasagna! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Lasagne are a type of wide, flat pasta, possibly one of the oldest types of pasta. Lasagne, or the singular lasagna, is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with. Recipes and tips for terrific lasagna. Get traditional Italian versions and vegetarian lasagna recipes. The ultimate comfort food lasagna, with layers of rich homemade meat sauce, creamy béchamel sauce , noodles , cheese and fresh mozzarella.
Classic Lasagna is great for feeding a crowd, and also freezes well for new mom meals and quick thaw dinners. I've been making lasagna for a long time, and there are quite a few variables to play with. Lasagna noodles need structure—they have a lot of ingredients layered between them!—so they can't be too mushy.
You can cook Lasagna with 16 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Lasagna:
- 3/4 fluid ounce olive oil.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef, brown.
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage.
- 4 ounces onions, -- diced small.
- 2-3 cloves garlic, fresh -- chopped.
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano.
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese.
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese.
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 tablespoon dry basil leaves.
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic.
- 2 each egg.
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese.
- 32-36 ounces tomato sauce.
- 9-12 lasagna noodles, you may need to adjust number based on brand size. Each layer has the same number per layer.
Make sure to cook them until they're very al dente; they're ready typically two minutes. You can't go wrong with this deliciously rich meat lasagna recipe. My grown sons and daughter-in-law Want to know how to make lasagna for a casual holiday meal? You can't go wrong with this.
Step by step how to cook Lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan, and saute the ground beef and Italian sausage and onions cook until browned. Add seasoning. Drain any excess grease, and set mixture aside..
- In mixing bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, basil,salt,pepper and granulated garlic. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add eggs and mix well and set aside the mixture..
- To assemble the lasagna, spray the 9 x 13 pan with pan spray, place about 10 ounces of tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan, then place 3 noodles..
- Spread out all of the meat mixture and about 8 ounces of tomato sauce spread evenly and sprinkle little mozzarella over the layer. It is important to have the sauce and meat mixture go to the edges..
- Place 3 more noodles over that layer and evenly spread the ricotta cheese mixture. Place the final 3 noodles on top lightly pressing down and pour the remaining sauce.It is important to have the sauce even and to the edges. I like to lightly tap the pan against the counter to encourage settling..
- Top with mozzarella cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees uncover and bake for an addition 10 minutes or until it gets a light browning on the cheese. Remove from oven, let rest for 15 minutes before cutting..
- I do not cook the Lasagna noodles they cook with the sauce and help give a firm lasagna. If you want to follow the package directions and add the cooked Lasagna sheets.
Lasagna is both a type of noodle and a dish made with that noodle; when pluralized, lasagna noodles are known as "lasagne". Lasagna is always a good crowd pleaser, as it can be meatless. Looking for an easy and healthy vegetarian lasagna recipe? Check out some favorite vegetarian and vegan lasagnas. For everybody that loves to cook lasagna at home!