Margarita Cupcakes - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Margarita Cupcakes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Vanilla-lime cupcakes are spiked with tequila and topped with a tequila-lime frosting. Margarita cupcakes begin with a simple sweet lime cupcake base and are topped with fluffy tequila Today's margarita cupcakes get you in the mood for vacation, are the perfect dessert for warm. Bring together Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ lemon cake mix and frosting to make these margarita cupcakes - a perfect dessert to treat a crowd. "Fluffy, homemade Margarita flavored cupcakes with tequila and cointreau! These margarita cupcakes are not for the kiddos people so don't let them see you making them. Fun, adult Margarita Cupcakes recipe with a bit of tequila in the cupcake and a lime-buttercream icing.
Great dessert for a Mexican-themed party. The cupcakes tasted of a margarita and I was pretty please! Here's a fun recipe for margarita cupcakes that can be made super quickly thanks to the help of a box of cake mix.
You can cook Margarita Cupcakes with 19 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Margarita Cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 eggs at room temp.
- 1 Zest and juice of 1 1/2 limes.
- 2 tbsp tequila.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk.
- brush on cupcakes.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons tequila.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 2 3/4 cup powdered sugar.
- 1 tbsp lime juice.
- 2 tbsp tequila.
- 1 pinch of coarse salt.
The addition of margarita mix, lime zest and a fantastic cream cheese frosting makes them special. Margarita cupcakes, like margaritas themselves, go down smooth. They leave you with just a small tickle in your mouth from the coarse salt and sugar sprinkled on top. Cranberry Margarita Cupcakes - Baker by Nature.
Step by step how to cook Margarita Cupcakes:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside..
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside..
- 3. In an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar together until pale, light, and fluffy (about 5 minutes)..
- 4. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs one at at time, mixing thoroughly after each addition..
- 5. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract and tequila. Mix until combined. (The mixture may start to look curdled at this point, but don't worry, it will all come back together, power on!).
- 6. Reduce the mixer speed low. Add the dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk in two batches. Mix only until just incorporated, using a rubber spatula to give it one last mix by hand..
- 7. Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until just slightly golden and a skewer shows only moist crumbs attached, rotating the pan at the halfway point..
- 8. Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack. Brush the tops of the cupcakes with the 1 to 2 tablespoons of tequila. Set the cupcakes aside to cool completely before frosting them..
- 9. To make the frosting, whip the butter on medium-high speed of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low, and gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing and scraping the sides of the bowl until all is incorporated. Give it a mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add the lime juice, tequila and salt mix on medium-high speed until incorporated and fluffy. If the frosting appears a bit too soft, add some additional sugar, one spoonful at a time until desired consistency is reached. Frost cupcakes and garnish, if desired, with lime zest, an additional sprinkling of salt and a lime wedge..
Margarita Cupcakes are slightly tangy and a lot sweet and the perfect way to complement any festive celebrations! Margarita Cupcakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Margarita Cupcakes - Deliciously moist and fluffy cupcakes infused with lime and tequila, and topped with a tequila buttercream frosting! Today I bring you a recipe that is just perfect for Spring/Summer. I've baked a lot of cupcakes over the years and while they usually turn out well, they're often inconsistent.