Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! This easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is healthy, satisfying, and tastes incredible. It's faster to make than the traditional version, too! Chicken noodle soup is one of the easiest soups to make. The ingredients are simple and inexpensive. Egg noodles in chicken noodle soup is the only way to go for me because that's how my grandma made it, but if you like rotini or another type of pasta, use it instead.
Make sure to salt your soup to taste. I use low-sodium chicken broth and add a bit of salt to my soup so I can control the overall salt. This soul-warming soup is deliciously simple--just chicken and noodles.
You can cook Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with 9 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 4 cups chicken stock.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth.
- 1-2 cups water, divided.
- 2 cups raw baby carrots, sliced into small pieces.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- To taste Himalayan pink salt.
- To taste pepper.
- 1 tbsp ground thyme.
- Half package wide egg noodles.
What makes it so good is the homemade roasted chicken stock. All Reviews for Chef John's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. This is the best chicken noodle soup in my opinion. While soup is cooking, make the homemade noodles: in a medium bowl, whisk egg, water and salt together.
Step by step how to cook Mostly Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Add the stock, broth and chicken breasts to a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes..
- Remove the chicken from the pot, let rest for 10 minutes..
- Chop the carrots and add them to the broth. (I left celery out because we don’t dig it but feel free to add some here if you wish.) Kick the heat up to medium, bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes with the lid off..
- Chop up or pull the chicken apart into bite sized pieces and add it to the almost finished product, along with the seasonings. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid off again..
- Give your soup a nice big stir, add some water if the broth is getting thin and replace the lid. Set the heat back to medium-low and simmer for about 15 more minutes, for good measure..
- During the last 8 or so minutes of simmering, add the egg noodles and a little more water, if needed. (As you can see in the picture, mine was lacking in liquid at the end so be mindful of that.).
- Remove from heat, serve immediately and enjoy the robust goodness!!.
Slowly incorporate flour, first using a spoon and then switching to your hands. I've wanted to try making homemade noodles for chicken noodle soup, this is going on my menu plan this week!! When we're sick, there's only one thing we crave: this chicken noodle soup. If you wanna pack it with more veggies (hey, they're good for you!) throw in some peppers with the onions, or stir in some spinach or kale when it's almost done cooking. You know what else makes us feel better?