My Mom's Roast Beef - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this My Mom's Roast Beef! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook My Mom's Roast Beef with 20 Ingredients and 14 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for My Mom's Roast Beef:
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt.
- 2 teaspoon ground Hungarian paprika.
- 1-1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- 6 pound beef Butt roast.
- 5 pounds red potatoes.
- 2 pounds carrots.
- 2 medium onions each quarted.
- 1 stalk celery split and chopped.
- 2 cup water.
- 1/3 cup softened butter.
- 1 stick butter.
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour.
- 2 cup water.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Step by step how to cook My Mom's Roast Beef:
- Preheat oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash the beef and Vegetables.
- Add beef to the roaster.
- Cut the potatoes, leave the peeling on potatoes and peel and chop the carrots. Split the celery and chop. Quarter both onions..
- Add the vegetables to the roaster..
- Add the Worcestershire sauce to top of beef and all around the sides..
- Coat with spices the beef and Vegetables.
- Smother the roast with butter and add the water to the roaster..
- Roast in oven covered for 4-6 hours. Time depends upon how done you like beef.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter add the flour to make a Roux.
- Add 3 cup of the beef drippings and 2 cup of water and salt. Bring to boil and simmer. Stir till smooth add more liquids if needed.
- Slice against the grain of the meat..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.