Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice) - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice) with 8 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice):
- 1 kg Glutinous rice.
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder.
- 1/2 medium Lime (juice).
- 4 clove Garlic (minced).
- 350 ml Coconut milk.
- 4 tbsp Sugar.
- 2 stick Cinnamon.
- 1 clove Star anis.
Step by step how to cook Nasi Kunyit (Turmeric Glutinous Rice):
- Soak the glutinous rice + turmeric powder + lime juice for at least 8 hours..
- Strain the glutinous rice.
- Prepare the steam cooker. Put 1 stick cinnamon + star anis in the water..
- Put another 1 stick cinnamon together with the glutinous rice.
- Steam the glutinous rice around 20 minutes until the rice cooked.
- In the meantime boil the coconut milk + sugar + garlic.
- Add 3/4 of coconut milk to the cooked rice. Mix it well. The taste supposed to be sweet. If its not sweet enough add another sugar in coconut milk and pour all coconut milk and mix it..
- Shape it on the plate while its warm.