Pork Adobo - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Pork Adobo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Pork Adobo with 9 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Pork Adobo:
- 1.5 lbs pork belly, cut into 1.5-2” chunks.
- 1 cup Soy Sauce.
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 5 cloves garlic; minced.
- 3 tbsp Garlic Powder.
- 1.5 tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns.
- 3 Bay leaves.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- Cornstarch slurry.
Step by step how to cook Pork Adobo:
- If you have time, marinate your pork belly pieces in soy sauce and garlic powder for at least 20mins..
- If you don’t have time, or you’re really hungry like I was, just coat the pork belly pieces in about 1 cup soy sauce and 3 tbsp garlic powder while you mince up 5 cloves of garlic..
- In a med-high heated pan with oil, fry the pork belly til golden brown on all sides..
- Remove the pork, and add your minced garlic. Do not burn the garlic..
- I added 3 bay leaves and 1.5 tbsp of Black peppercorns to bring out their flavors. Sauté for a minute..
- Add the pork back in with the remaining soy sauce marinade, and add water just until half of the pork is covered. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to med-low and cover for at least 30 mins..
- Add half cup of Apple cider vinegar (or to taste). Balance the salty/sour with some sugar. pour in about 2tbsp of a cornstarch slurry (1 part water : 1 part cornstarch) to thicken the sauce. Done!.