Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style) with 14 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style):
- 500 gr leftover cooked rice (a day old).
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Shrimp, as needed, peeled and deveined.
- to taste Sweet soy sauce.
- 3 green onion, sliced and seperate the green and white part.
- to taste Salt,.
- to taste Ground white pepper,.
- Grind into spice paste.
- to taste Dried chilies, soak into boiling water until softened.
- (Fresh Thai chilies can be used instead of dried chilies).
- 4 shallots.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 1 cube or 1 tsp shrimp paste.
- 2 tsp crispy tiny shrimp.
Step by step how to cook Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (Indonesian Style):
- Heat oil in a wok. Pour the beaten egg then stir it to make scramble egg. Put aside in a bowl..
- Heat oil in a frying pan/wok on high heat. Sauté spice paste until fragrant, about 3 minutes..
- Add white part of green onion. Stir for a few second..
- Add the shrimp. Stir until the shrimp look pink..
- Add the cooked rice and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes..
- Add about 1 or 2 tsp sweet soy sauce (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix with a scooping motion until everything well combined..
- Add the scramble egg and green part of green onion. Continue stir-frying the rice for another minute. Have a taste, add more salt if needed. Serve immediately..
- Sweet soy sauce.
- Shrimp paste/belacan (terasi).
- Crispy tiny shrimp.