Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! How Spicy is this Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Polenta? I wanted this dish to be spicy because lately I have been craving heat. It is at this moment I totally realize I'm my father's daughter. Made with fresh shrimp, spicy tomatoes and creamy cheesy polenta. Transfer shrimp and their juices to a bowl, then add crushed tomatoes to the skillet, along with garlic and salt to taste.
Cook over medium heat until hot. Pour polenta into boiling mixture in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until polenta thickens, approx.
You can cook Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta with 12 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta:
- 1 lb bag of frozen shrimp (I used jumbo shrimp) thawed and peeled.
- 3 large tomatoes seeded and diced.
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced small.
- 3 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced.
- 1 small onion chopped finely.
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste.
- 1 cup either chicken broth.
- Spice mixture: 1/2tsp chili powder, 1/2tsp paprika, 1/2tsp ground cumin, 1/4tsp cayenne pepper, 1tsp kosher salt, 1tsp feshly ground black pepper (note: spices can be adjusted to your preference.).
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for sauteing (I used olive oil).
- Chopped parsley or cilantro to garnish.
Upgrade your weeknight dinner with this easy Spicy Shrimp with Creamy Polenta recipe. Serve shrimp over polenta and garnish with remaining green. Made with fresh shrimp, spicy tomatoes and creamy cheesy polenta. Bold and savory garlic dijon shrimp and salmon foil packs are loaded with your favorite seafood and the most incredible tangy honey dijon sauce.
Step by step how to cook Spicy shrimp over creamy polenta:
- Prep all you ingredients first. Chop all the vegetables, peel and clean your shrimp, blend the spices together. Season the shrimp with about half of the spice mixture..
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Once hot add the shrimp and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side and remove from pan (they will finish cooking when you add them to the sauce later.) Next reduce heat to medium and add the onion, celery, and jalapenos to the same pan. Use a little more oil to saute if needed. With a wooden spatula scrape the pan to get any brown bits mixed in. When this starts to soften add the garlic and cook for a minute then stir in tomato paste..
- Once the tomato paste has been mixed in well add the tomatoes, green peppers, and the rest of the spice mixture. Give that a stir and add the chicken broth. If it seems to thick you can add more liquid..
- Let this cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Just until the peppers are soft but still have a bite to them. Turn heat off and add the shrimp in. Give a good stir and your ready to serve. Garnish with fresh herbs..
Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add shrimp to the skillet. Cook until the shrimp turn pale white and remove from heat. Cook the shrimp until they turn pink, turning them over about halfway through cooking. This whole process only takes about three minutes, so keep a close eye on the shrimp. If your pan is small, you may want to work in batches.