Very Cheesy potato soup - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Very Cheesy potato soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Very Cheesy potato soup with 11 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Very Cheesy potato soup:
- 6 medium size potatoes. ( yukon gold or Albert Bartlett rooster potatoes work best).
- 1 cup Chopped celery.
- 1 32 oz Container of chicken stock.
- 1 16 ounce container of half and half or heavy cream ( I prefer the heavy cream).
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cup Shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1/3 cup melted butter.
- 1/4 cup Chopped chives.
- 1/4 cup Grated or shaved parmesan cheese.
- 1 tsp Fresh chopped parsley.
- 1/4 cup flour.
Step by step how to cook Very Cheesy potato soup:
- Rinse potatoes Chop into medium size pieces place in a heavy duty Dutch oven or large stock pot.
- Add chopped celery to potatoes.
- Cover with chicken stock bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Combine melted butter and flour mix until into a paste add to potatoes.
- Poor entire 16 ounce container of the heavy cream into the potatoes, bring to a boil stir until starting to thicken.
- At this point add salt and pepper to taste, all of the shredded cheddar cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese has melted . Take off the heat and let set. Sprinkle chives and Parmesan cheese on top of soup..