Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto with 13 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto:
- 1 lb 16-21 count prawns, remove all shell.
- 2 clove minced garlic, divided.
- to taste Sea salt, black pepper.
- 1 shallot, minced.
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash, about 1/2 inch.
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree.
- 1/2 cup English peas, thawed. If fresh blanch.
- 6 strips bacon, chopped and cooked.
- 1 cup arborio rice.
- 3/4 cup white wine, I used pinot griggio.
- 4 cups warm chicken stock.
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus a little for garnish.
- 1 tbsp butter.
Step by step how to cook Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto:
- Boil a pot of water. Add squash cubes. Blanch them for 2-3 minutes or until you just start to feel them soften a little. Drain and immediately immerse in ice water to stop the cooking process. After they cool, drain and set aside..
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add 2 tbs olive oil. Add 1 clove garlic and shallots. Saute until shallots are sweated off, but not browned..
- Add rice to frying pan and cook for a couple minutes. Do not let it brown..
- Add the wine, stir very often until it absorbs into the rice most of the way. Star adding the broth, one cup at a time. Let it absorb most of the way between additions..
- When you add the 3rd cup of stock. Add the blanched squash, peas, bacon, and squash puree..
- Meanwhile heat another pan. Add oil. Saute remaining garlic for 30 seconds. Add prawns and season with salt and pepper. The prawns should only need about 2 minutes per side. When done, drain on paper towels..
- Taste the rice. It should be tender, yet not mushy. Just a little bite to it. You may or may not need all of the last cup of broth. Adjust seasoning. Add the butter and parmesan at the end. Mix well..
- Plate the risotto. Arrange prawns on top. Garnish with a little parmesan, and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately, enjoy..