Chocolate Covered Cherries - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Chocolate Covered Cherries! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Chocolate Covered Cherries with 17 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened.
- 1 tbsp milk.
- 1/2 tsp almond extract.
- 1/4 tsp invertase.
- additional ingredients.
- 2 (8 ounce) jars of maraschino cherries, with stems.
- 1 cup cherry flavored brandy.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- 2 tbsp Crisco.
- optional garnishes.
- 1 mini M&Ms candies.
- 1 finely chopped pecans.
- 1 candy sprinkles.
- 1 Heath bar chips.
Step by step how to cook Chocolate Covered Cherries:
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's good in cola drinks!). Split the brandy between the 2 jars of cherries. If cherries aren't completely covered by the brandy, add some of the reserved cherry liquid to cover. Replace the jar lids and refrigerate for 2 days..
- In a small mixing bowl (from electric stand mixer) combine the fondant ingredients and mix well. Knead until smooth and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's now even BETTER in cola drinks! LOL). Lay cherries on paper towels..
- Roll chilled fondant into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle. Wrap around cherries to completely cover and smoosh tightly around the lowest part of the cherry stem. You want the cherries to be completely sealed by the fondant, kind of "air tight"..
- Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight..
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in 2 separate coffe mugs. Add 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening to each. (It's best to just work with one of the cups of chips at a time from this point on, dipping half your cherries in the dark chocolate before melting the white chocolate for dipping the other half of your cherries.).
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving ONLY in 5-second intervals, just until melted..
- Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate, allow excess to drip back into the cup of chocolate, and roll (if desired) in any of the additional decorating ingredients. Set on waxed paper to harden..
- Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving so that the fondant (specifically, the invertase) somewhat liquifies the cherry..