Creamy Parmesan Orzo - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Creamy Parmesan Orzo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! A recipe for quick and easy creamy orzo pasta made with spinach and Parmesan cheese. I think it has something to do with the way orzo is so fun for everyone at the table. While it's perfect as a side dish, I prefer this as a meal on its own because it's cheesy, creamy and really hits the spot. Make a creamy pasta side dish by slowly cooking orzo in a simmering broth. Add flavor with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil and pine nuts.
Stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. This creamy, cheesy, Parmesan orzo is my kind of dish and the kind of dish I could have every single night for lunch or dinner. You've got your proteins, your veggies, and my favorite.
You can cook Creamy Parmesan Orzo with 10 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Parmesan Orzo:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter.
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced finely.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked.
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium recommended.
- 2 cups half & half.
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- to taste salt & pepper, dried parsley.
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach (optional).
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo is a perfect side dish for dinner tonight! This tasty twist on mac and cheese will have you going back for seconds! Tonight we'll be making Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo! While it's perfect as a side dish.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Parmesan Orzo:
- In a large pot with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil and butter over med-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, just another minute or so..
- Stir in the orzo and let it toast for a couple of minutes. Increase the heat to high and stir in the broth and half & half. Once it reaches a boil, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let this simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has mostly been absorbed by the orzo..
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese (and the spinach if using). Then season to taste and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Parmesan and Spinach Orzo - This creamy orzo dish is a wonderful side or light main dish, and it's sure to be a hit with the entire Parmesan and Spinach Orzo. Orzo is a little pasta that is shaped like rice and can be used in soups, stews, casseroles or a delicious side dish. Creamy parmesan no-cream sauce, chicken, plenty of veg - fab quick dinner idea. Also known as Orzo, this risoni recipe comes with juicy chicken, a creamy parmesan sauce and plenty of hidden. Easy Parmesan Spinach Orzo - This simple spinach orzo pasta recipe combines delicious orzo, garlic, spinach, and, of course, parmesan cheese for a creamy, cheesy comfort dish!