Fondant potatoes - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Fondant potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! Learn how to make a Fondant Potatoes recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Fondant Potatoes recipe! These Fondant Potatoes from Delish.com perfectly melt in your mouth. Slice the ends off the potatoes so they lay flat on either side. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-low heat.
Fondant potatoes — a classic French technique of cooking potatoes — sound sorta fancy, but they're nothing more than large rounds of russet potatoes that are browned in butter and roasted in the oven. But these potatoes are really an easy and luxurious side dish to a roast or steak. Josh Capon gives these potatoes the steakhouse treatment.
You can cook Fondant potatoes with 6 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fondant potatoes:
- 1 large potato (e.g. Maris piper).
- 50 g butter.
- 100 ml veg stock.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 2-3 sprigs thyme.
Peel and cut the potatoes into the size and shape of a soap dish. They're a French fancy that's been the undoing of many a MasterChef contestant, but opinion is divided as to just how you cook them. Fondant potatoes are from the French cuisine with the word 'fondant' meaning "melting". Traditionally, fondant potatoes are peeled and cut into round, barrel-like shapes with the top and bottoms cut flat.
Step by step how to cook Fondant potatoes:
- Peel the potato and chop it in half. Chop the ends off so both sides of the potato are flat..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat..
- When hot, pop the potatoes in and leave for 5 mins. You’ll see the base turning golden brown and the sides becoming translucent..
- Flip the potatoes over and do another 5 mins on the other side..
- Turn the heat down slightly and add the butter. Be careful because the more it melts the more it spits!.
- Pour in the stock, bash the garlic and thyme and add those to the pan..
- Reduce heat to a simmer and splash some of the liquid over the potatoes to stop the top from drying..
- Pop a lid on and leave in the pan for about 30 mins..
- Serve with the rest of your meal and use the buttery stock as gravy..
Fondant potatoes end up having a bit of pan sauce with them. I am guessing that our lack of interest in fondant potatoes also has to do with the fact that, until recently, we didn't really have pans that could. Fondant potatoes are a way of preparing the tubers so they are very soft and creamy on the inside, with a crisp crust on the outside. Fondant potatoes have been a favorite in France for decades. The simple and elegant dish infuses plenty of flavor into the soft and savory potatoes.