Gujarati style Ghughra/karanji/Gujjiya - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Gujarati style Ghughra/karanji/Gujjiya! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! The Moong Dal Ghughra also known as Karanji or Gujiya in some parts of India are delicious flaky crust pastries filled with sweet, sour and spicy Most often these Ghughra/ Gujiya are made when there are festivities at home or a special occasion in the family. It is also known as Karanji, Gujia or gujhia. Ghughra is fried desserts filled with coconut and dry fruits. It is known as "Karanji" in Maharashtra, "Ghughra" in Gujarat and "Gujjia" in Rarajasthan and North India and made with slightly different stuffings/fillings in different regions of India. It has a crispy and flaky outer layer of maida and sweet stuffing of khoya (mawa), dry coconut, dry-fruits, cardamom.
Ghughra also known as Karanji and Gujia, is a sweet made with Maida flour and stuffed with Khoya Baked Gujiya or Karanji (Indian-style Coconut Turnovers): Traditionally deep-fried, this is a healthier Gujarati Recipes, Indian Food Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Gujarati Cuisine, Gujarati Food. Ghughra Recipe -Dry Fruits & Sooji Ghughra Recipe -Diwali Special Snack - Gujiya/Rawa Karanji Recipe. It is Maharashtrian sweet snack or dessert made during These festivals are incomplete without karanji recipe.
You can cook Gujarati style Ghughra/karanji/Gujjiya with 16 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Gujarati style Ghughra/karanji/Gujjiya:
- For outer cover-.
- 250 gms maida.
- as required Hot Ghee.
- Pinch salt.
- For stuffing:.
- 1 cup zero number rawa.
- 1 cup dessicated coconut.
- 1 cup powdered sugar.
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds.
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds.
- 1 tbsp cbopped mixed dry fruits.
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
- Pinch nutmeg powder.
- 1/4 cup ghee for roasting rawa.
- as required Oil for deep frying.
- Little water for sealing the ghughra.
Apart from this, other snacks are also made like My mom makes a similar recipe called ghughra (it has semolina stuffing). Gujiya, Karanji, Karjikai or Kajjkayalu is popular Diwali or Holi sweet recipe. Gujiya is made with maida and sooji filling in this recipe. Gujiya is popular North Indian Sweet for Diwali, Holi or any festival.
Step by step how to cook Gujarati style Ghughra/karanji/Gujjiya:
- First, add pinch salt and hot ghee into the maida. Rub the maida properly and see by pressing maida that it should bind little. if it binds then added ghee is proper. Then by adding water gradually knead a dough. Cover dough with damp cloth and keep aside for 1 hour. (resting time 1hour for dough).dough should be binding little stiff as paratha dough..
- Now roast rawa with ghee till golden pink in colour. Then roast desiccated coconut till golden pink in colour. Then roast poppy seeds, mixed dry fruits and sesame seeds together for 2 mins. Then grind poppy seeds, mixed dry fruits and sesame seeds little coarsely. This mixture mix with rawa coconut mixture and keep aside to cool completely. When mixture is cool add powder sugar, cardamom and nutmeg powder.stuffing is ready for filling Ghughra..
- Now make a small puri from maida dough and fill the stuffing. Take little water to seal the ghughra and make an impression with fork to the pressed seal of ghughra..
- Make all ghughra and cover with damp cloth so that it should not dry..
- Now heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry ghughra on medium flame till golden pink in colour.Ghughra/karanji/gujjiya ready to serve..
Ghughra also known as Karanji and Gujia, is a sweet made with Maida flour and stuffed with Khoya and It is also called Pedakiya in Bihar, Karanji in Maharashtra, Karachika in Tamil Nadu, Karjikayi in Today I am sharing Mawa Gujia recipe which is famous in Gujarat. Once the mixture has cooled down add the sugar and mix well. The filling for the ghughra is ready. Take a mixing bowl with the flour, add ghee and mix. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Gujarati Farsan Spicy Ghughra Veg Stuffing.