Hamburger Gravy - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Hamburger Gravy! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Hamburger Gravy with 16 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Hamburger Gravy:
- 1 lb ground beef.
- 1 can peas (do not drain).
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped).
- 1-2 cloves garlic (chopped).
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (I usually use McCormick's).
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/8 tsp pepper.
- 1/4 tsp onion powder.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- 6-8 large white or gold potatoes.
- 1/2-1 stick butter.
- 1/3 cup sour cream.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- to taste Salt and pepper.
Step by step how to cook Hamburger Gravy:
- Peel and chop potatoes into small equal sized pieces. Add to salted water and boil (covered) until a white rim appears around the edge of the pot and potatoes are soft. (About 30 minutes)..
- While potatoes are boiling... brown beef and then drain fat..
- Add spices and stir (salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder)..
- Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft. (3 minutes or so).
- Mix gravy packet with 1 cup of cold water and add into beef..
- Simmer (uncovered) until gravy thickens..
- Add peas (undrained) and continue to simmer (uncovered) on low for 5-10 minutes allowing the gravy to thicken and the dish to get hot..
- While that simmers... drain potatoes. Quickly add butter, sour cream and milk. Beat on low for a few seconds just to mix. Add additional milk or sour cream (if needed) and beat on high until mixed. Do not over beat! I continue to add small amounts of butter, sour cream or milk until the potatoes are to my liking. I add in salt and pepper at the end and give it one more quick mix with the mixer..
- Pour gravy over mashed potatoes and enjoy!.