Mike's Smoked BBQ'd Beef Ribs - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Mike's Smoked BBQ'd Beef Ribs! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Mike's Smoked BBQ'd Beef Ribs with 17 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mike's Smoked BBQ'd Beef Ribs:
- 3 Pounds Beef Back Ribs [room temp].
- 1/2 Pound Mesquite Wood.
- 1/2 Pound Hickory Wood.
- as needed Water.
- ● For The Dry Rub.
- 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper.
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- 1 tbsp Granulated Onion.
- 1 tbsp Granulated Garlic.
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin.
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar.
- 1/2 tbsp Salt.
- ● For The Additions.
- French Honey Butter [see recipe under my profile].
- BBQ Sauce [your favorite brand].
- Loaves Fresh French Bread.
- Wedge Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing.
Step by step how to cook Mike's Smoked BBQ'd Beef Ribs:
- Rinse ribs and cut off anything unsightly. Create your dry rub and sprinkle liberally over your moistened ribs..
- Stack smoker base with 1/2 Mesquite and 1/2 Hickory wood. [you can easily purchase these wood chunks at Home Depot or Lowes] Add water to your reservoir and maintain a steady level of it throughout your smoking process..
- Photo: Water reservoir beneath smoker grids..
- Place meat in smoker. No need to flip these ribs at any point but, seal tightly and regulate temperature at 250°..
- Fully vent your smoker and let her smoke at 250° for 2 to 2.5 hours. Or, until meat visibly pulls away from your bones..
- When meat begins pulling from its' bones - you'll know they're just about ready. Serve naked or, with your favorite BBQ Sauce. Just don't add sauce while meat is on your smoker grill grids. A smoker is much different from a grill and, much more temperamental to clean. Add sauce only AFTER meat is pulled from your clean smoker grids..
- 2.5 hours in and your juicy, crispy seasoned ribs are ready to be pulled from your smoker. Notice how the meat has pulled from the bone at the bottoms..
- If desired, plate and coat your ribs with your favorite BBQ Sauce outside of your smoker. Or, just go naked with your dry rub. Here, in the Q, we do adore our Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce! Anyway, feel free to serve with warmed, crispy French Bread, baked beans, a very chilly, fresh wedge salad and, my crazy delicious French Honey Butter Spread recipe listed on this site. Enjoy your incredibly easy & simplistic taste of US South in your sweet little mouth! 😆.
- French Honey Butter. See my easy recipe under my profile..
- With sides - these make for great work lunches or picnics with bbq baked beans- garlic mashed potatoes and green beans with dried onions..