Puto Maya - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Puto Maya! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Puto Maya with 6 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Puto Maya:
- 2 cups Glutinous Rice.
- 2 cups Coconut milk.
- 3/4 cups White Sugar.
- 1/2 tsp Salt.
- Thumbsize ginger.
- leaves Banana.
Step by step how to cook Puto Maya:
- Soak glutinous rice in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Rinse and strain water from rice.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and minced ginger cut into thin pieces.
- Continue to stir on medium low heat until most liquid is absorbed.
- Steam the banana leaves. This is to avoid tearing..
- Place the banana leaf like a plate in the steamer then pour the rice..
- Steam for 30 mins..
- Fold the sheets of banana leaves into a cone.
- Place the cooked rice into the cones.
- Serve with mangoes and hot chocolate.