Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes) - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! Great recipe for Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes). My son did a diversity/heritage project for school. He needed to take something to school that is from his families homeland. Räderkuchen were my Mutti's emergency dessert, especially when unexpected company dropped in. Deep fried and covered in cinnamon-sugar, these Räderkuchen, aka wheel cakes or bowties, were one of my Mutti's favorite emergency recipes.
She made these especially when unexpected company. Fried dough of various types is ubiquitous nationwide (as well as around the world), whether made at home or acquired at one of countless county fairs. Räderkuchen were my Mutti's emergency dessert, especially when unexpected company dropped in.
You can cook Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes) with 8 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes):
- 2 tbsp Butter - Room Temperature.
- 3 tbsp Sugar.
- 3 tbsp Milk.
- 3 Eggs.
- 2 tsp Baking Powder.
- 2 cup All Purpose Flour.
- 1 Cinnamon & Sugar or Icing Sugar (to roll the cakes in when done).
- 1 1/2 cup Lard (Oil) for frying.
Deep fried and covered in cinnamon-sugar, these were a little taste of heaven. Find this Pin and more on Recipes by Cassie Bustamante- Budget Friendly Design, DIY & Lifestyle Blog. Sorry this isn't the best cooking video.but like this for more cooking videos! This is super simply and great for a special treat (: Music: all credits go. - Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes) - Buttermilk Scones - Microwave Bread and Butter Pudding in a Mug - Red Velvet Cheesecake Oreo Trifle - Black forest trifle - Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates - Microwave Bread And Butter Pudding - Irish Soda Bread Dippin Sticks Or Croutons - Corned Beef Pie..
Step by step how to cook Räderkuchen (Fried dough cakes):
- Using a mixer, mix the first 6 ingredients together to make your dough. You may need to flour your hands, and work the dough into shape..
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 3/8" thick. Using extra flour to prevent the dough from sticking to your working surface or rolling pin..
- Cut your dough into strips. About 1" wide & 3" long. A pizza cutter works fabulously here..
- To form the classic Räderkuchen shape; about a 1/2" from one end, cut a 1" long slot. Pull the long end through the slot to form a curled shape..
- To make the shape you see in the picture, hold a strip by each end, twisting one end twice, then bring your ends together and pinch to seal it. (My son had a very hard time trying to make the classic shape, so we chose this.).
- Heat your lard in a deep pot, or a fryer. To test to see if your oil is hot enough, insert the end of a wooden spoon into it. If bubbles form around the spoon, you are ready to go. I heated my oil to about 350°F..
- Gently add a single layer of your shaped dough into your oil. Being careful not to crowd them. You don't want them to stick together. Once you get going they tend to cook quickly. When you see the edges start to turn golden brown, flip them over. Cook for just a couple minutes more, and then remove them to a paper towel-lined plate..
- After they drain for just a minute, roll them in your cinnamon & sugar mixture, or in the icing sugar. (We chose the cinnamon & sugar. I put 3-4 cakes in a bowl with a lid, and gently shook it to coat the cakes).
- Once they are completely cool, store them in an airtight container. (You want them completely cool to prevent condensation.).
Namibian Fat Cakes (fried dough)Ester Kocht. Fried dough, a food which no one can resist, every time I go to the carnival, the first thing I do is track down this booth and wolf down a nice hot plate or Funnel cakes are harder to pull apart than fried dough because the dough is all stuck together and pulling on one piece in most cases results in two. This is a list of fried dough foods. Many cultures have dishes that are prepared by deep frying dough in many various forms. Doughnuts are a type of fried dough food that are covered separately in the Wikipedia article List of doughnut varieties.