Sheer khurma - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Sheer khurma! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Sheer Khurma is a rich vermicelli pudding made with milk, lots of nuts, dates and sugar! I have very fond memories of waiting eagerly for Sheer Khurma during Eid. One of my dad's friend who was a. Learn how to make SHEER KHURMA. A perfect and quick dessert for celebrations.
The main ingredients used in Sheer Khurma are vermicelli, whole milk. Sheer khurma recipe with step by step photos - Sheer khorma Or Sheer korma Is a rich Mughlai dessert of vermicelli pudding made during festive occasion of eid ul-fitr. Sheer Khurma Recipe - A rich and delicious traditional milk sweet made during festival of Ramadan Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha.
You can cook Sheer khurma with 10 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sheer khurma:
- 4 cups milk full fat, whole milk.
- 2 tbsp ghee.
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar.
- 1/2 cup vermicelli (Semiyan).
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts, chopped small – cashews, almonds, pistachios etc.
- 10-12 Golden raisins (Kishmish).
- 1/2 cup dates seeded and chopped (around 8-10 in number).
- 4 cardamoms,or 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder.
- 1/2-1 tsp rose water.
- as needed Saffron strands for garnish – optional.
Sheer khurma is a festive pudding made by simmering fine vermicelli with milk, dates, nuts and Sheer khurma is a Persian term meaning "milk and dates". This delicious and rich dessert is made on. Sheer Khurma Recipe is an Eid special sweet. Sheer Khurma literally means "milk with dates" in Urdu and is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared by Muslims all across the world. the recipe for sheer khurma is very simple and there are many striking similarities with the traditional finally i would like to highlight my other desserts recipes collection with this post of sheer khurma.
Step by step how to cook Sheer khurma:
- Heat a tbsp of Ghee in a wide pan, and roast the vermicelli (seviyan) on a low flame till golden. Transfer in a plate and keep aside..
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp of Ghee and roast all the dry fruits (nuts) for 1-2 minutes on low flame. I skipped this step this time since I like the raw taste of nuts more. Once it’s done, transfer in a bowl and keep aside.Chop all the dates small, taking the seeds out and keep aside..
- Now, heat milk in a sauce pan and let it come to a boil. Then, lower the flame and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes till the milk thickens slightly.Add the roasted vermicelli and mix. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes till Seviyan absorbs the milk properly and becomes soft..
- Now add the sugar, nuts and dates and mix well. Keep it simmering for another 15-20 minutes till dates gets mashed up and the total quantity in the pan gets reduced to almost half of what we started with. Vermicelli should be all puffed up and soft by now..
- At this stage, check the taste and desired consistency of the Sheer. You may add some more milk if you think it's too thick, or some sugar if it's less sweet. Do remember that this Sheer will thicken even more with time so adjust accordingly..
- Finally, add the cardamom powder, stir and turn off the flame. Garnish with more crushed dry fruits, saffron strands or even Rose petals if you wish. Serve hot and fresh..
Sheer Khurma is a rich milk based dessert made with dates, nuts, raisins and vermicelli noodles with delicate aromas from saffron and ghee. Sheer Korma: Sheer Khurma is an authentic version of vermicelli pudding specially prepared for Eid festivities. 'Sheer' is Persian for milk and 'khurma' is another word. Our sheer khurma is of 'drinkable' consistency, although some people prefer it thicker, and we like it This Dawoodi Bohra-style sheer khurma is made extra-special with the addition of poppy seeds and. Sheer khorma or Sheer khurma literally(milk with dates in Urdu) is a festival vermicelli pudding prepared by Muslims on Eid ul-Fitr in Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. It is a traditional Muslim festive.