Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) - . Today I am sharing this Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish) with 12 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish):
- 5 clove garlic (minced).
- 1 large onion (chopped).
- 3 tbsp ginger (chopped).
- 1 broth cube.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 2 cup squash (chopped into medium size cubes).
- 1 large eggplant (chopped in cubes, medium).
- 1 cup string beans.
- 1 kg shrimp.
- 1 can coconut milk.
- 2 small chili (whole, optional ingredient).
Step by step how to cook Shrimp in Coconut Milk (Filipino Dish):
- Combine the first (7) ingredients above and put half of the coconut milk. Switch on the stove in a medium high heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not overcook the squash. Do not stir too often. Our goal is to thicken the coconut milk..
- Add string beans and eggplant. Stir for a few, add the remaining half of the coconut milk and let it simmer again for about 10 minutes..
- Make sure you do not over stir to get the desired thickness. And, make sure you do not cover the casserole this time..
- Once thickened, put the shrimp and stir. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes. Shrimp does cook easily. We dont want to overcook it as well. Add chili which is optional. If you like it too spicy then you need to put more chilis, otherwise..