Simple thick crust pizza dough - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Simple thick crust pizza dough! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Making a thick crust pizza takes a little longer but it's worth it. **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. How To Make Thin Crust Pizza. This crust has a nice bit of crunch, but it's pliable enough to fold in half if required.
The mild wheat flavor is a nice backdrop to I never knew a simple pizza dough could be so versatile, but this one truly is. By cutting a corner and skipping the rise, this oven-baked crust. Be it thick or thin, a good crust starts with a slow-rising dough.
You can cook Simple thick crust pizza dough with 5 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Simple thick crust pizza dough:
- 17 1/2 oz AP flour.
- 2 tsp kosher salt.
- 1 packet (7 g) instant yeast.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 12 1/4 oz water.
Plan ahead by mixing dough in the morning and letting it rise, refrigerated, all day long. Thin Crust Pizza Dough is a bit different from Regular Pizza Dough. Thick Crust Pizza Dough, Easy Two Crust Pizza, Double Crusted Pizza From Southern Italy, etc. This simple pizza crust is chewy and soft, with a crispy exterior..
Step by step how to cook Simple thick crust pizza dough:
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
My God, could there be a better pizza dough recipe out there thats as easy as this?. What makes this thin crust pizza dough recipe easy? In a sentence: You don't need to stretch the dough. Stretching pizza dough isn't hard, but Sonja and Alex Overhiser are writer and photographer behind A Couple Cooks and authors of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best vegetarian. This dough results in a pizza with a thin crust and a puffy, chewy cornicione (which is the fancy Italian term for the edge of crust around the rim).