Slow Cooker Ratatouille - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Slow Cooker Ratatouille! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Slow Cooker Ratatouille with 13 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Ratatouille:
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 2 red onions, chopped.
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped.
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed.
- 2 small eggplant, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- 3 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into large chunks.
- 4 bell peppers (assorted colors), seeded, cut into large chunks.
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded, cut into medium chunks.
- 1/4 cup white wine.
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves).
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste.
- 1 Kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste.
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch.
Step by step how to cook Slow Cooker Ratatouille:
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil over low heat, and add the onions, potatoes and garlic cloves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until the onions just begin to get translucent and the garlic hasn't begun to brown. Transfer the contents to a 6- or 7-quart slow cooker..
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, wine and thyme leaves. Cook on LOW for 3-1/2 hours, stirring once during that time..
- Turn the cooker to HIGH, and add the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix the arrowroot or cornstarch with 6 tablespoons of water, to make a slurry. Pour that into the slow cooker and stir. Cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes on HIGH. The liquid in the cooker will be slightly thickened (and it will thicken more if you let the ratatouille chill in the refrigerator)..
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold..
- credit to: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/.