Bicol Express - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Bicol Express! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Bicol Express with 9 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bicol Express:
- 2 lbs pork belly, cut into strips.
- 3 cups coconut milk.
- 1 medium onion, minced.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced.
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced.
- 1/2 cup shrimp paste (bagoong).
- 6 thai chili peppers or serrano pepper.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- to taste Salt & pepper.
Step by step how to cook Bicol Express:
- Take a wide pot or wok and heat cooking oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, & ginger.
- Add pork and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until the color becomes light brown.
- Add shrimp paste (bagoong) and Thai chili or serrano pepper and stir.
- Pour coconut milk and bring to boil. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!.