Chicken and Dumplings /Egg Noodles - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Chicken and Dumplings /Egg Noodles! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Chicken and Dumplings /Egg Noodles with 11 Ingredients and 11 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chicken and Dumplings /Egg Noodles:
- 1-1/2 pound chicken thighs bone in and skin on.
- 3 quarts water.
- 1/2 pound carrots.
- 2 cup chopped celery.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- 1 pound homemade dumplings/ egg noodles see my recipe.
- Thickening paste------------------.
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour.
- 1/2 cup melted butter.
Step by step how to cook Chicken and Dumplings /Egg Noodles:
- Add the chicken in the water and boil for 10 minutes..
- Wash the celery and carrots. Peel and chop the carrots, and chop the celery. Put in the pot of boiling chicken..
- Cut the dumplings..
- Move to some wax paper..
- Add the dumplings to the chicken..
- They need to boil for 15 minutes.
- They should be close to being done..
- Mix the melted butter with the 1/2 cup of self-rising flour..
- Pour the butter flour mixture into the boiling broth..
- Stir well this will thicken into a creamy thickened like sauce..
- Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!.