Chilli cheese tater tots - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Chilli cheese tater tots! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! The crispy tater tots with hot chili and gooey cheese…all the reasons why I love chili with potatoes come rushing back as I indulged in this dish. Plenty of leftover chili and tater tots mean I'll be having this again…probably tomorrow! Looking for someone to come to your house and prepare these dishes. I know, we had you at Bacon, but don't forget the rest of it, chili, cheese, tater tots, seriously what more is there? Cook once and eat twice with this hearty Southwestern casserole from Linda Baldwin of Long Beach, California.
Sprinkle with cheese; top with Tater Tots. The chili cooks while the tater tots partially bake …. but if you really wanted to, you could use canned chili instead and save yourself that step - although, I highly recommend making the chili yourself. It just tastes better in my humble opinion.
You can cook Chilli cheese tater tots with 4 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chilli cheese tater tots:
- 1 can gold star, skyline, dixie chili or whatever kind of chili you like the most.
- 1 package shredded cheese.
- Flat round tater tots or the bigger ones.
- Pan or little dishes that are oven safe.
This is like chili cheese fries that you get to call dinner. Meanwhile, season the beef with salt and pepper. When the tater tots are finished baking, spread the meat mixture over them in the baking dish. Sprinkle the dish generously with cheese.
Step by step how to cook Chilli cheese tater tots:
- Pour a little chili down in the dish after heating the chili on the stove..
- Fry up the tater tots first. After that, put a single layer of tots in the pan or dish..
- Pour chilli over the tots and add the cheese. You continue layering like you would a lasagna. I used little oven safe dishes and made them individual serving sizes..
- Once you have the layering you want make the last layer be cheese and stick the pan of choice in the oven til the cheese is melted on top. Dig in. Enjoy.
These chili cheese tater tots are a serious crowd pleaser. The crisp exterior of the tots with the spicy chili and creamy queso melds in the most beautiful way. And of course, if you're a person who invites people over to watch sports, this would be great next to the pierogi-style vegan quesadillas or vegan. Sliced hot dogs, chili, tater tots, and cheddar cheese combine to make an easy and delicious meal. I use canned chili for this Cheesy Hot Dog Tater Tot Casserole but you could use homemade.