Creamy Pork Pot Pie - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Pork Pot Pie! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Pork Pot Pie with 20 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Pork Pot Pie:
- 2-3/4 pound porkloin.
- 1-3/4 pound Yukon gold potatoes.
- 1 pound carrots.
- 2 large leeks.
- 8 ounces your favorite mushrooms.
- 1/2 cup smoked bacon cut small.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder.
- 6 ounces heavy cream.
- 1 quart chicken broth.
- Thickening Paste.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Pie crust.
- 4 cups all purpose flour + more for dusting.
- 2/3 cup butter flavored shortening very cold.
- 1 stick butter very cold.
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth very cold.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Pork Pot Pie:
- Wash and dice the potatoes. Slice the carrots and mushrooms..
- Wash the leeks and slice thinly. Slice the bacon and fry. Cut the pork into bite sized pieces. Add the pork to the bacon and it's drippings..
- When the pork is seared, add the vegetables and mushrooms. Add salt to the flour and mix well..
- Grate the butter and shortening. Add to the flour and salt. Work it into the flour making it look like wet sand..
- When the flour, butter, and shortening is mixed add in the chicken broth. Mix and knead it. Roll 2/3 out big enough to fit a 9x13 pan..
- Fix the crust into the pan up on the sides to. Mix the olive oil and flour. Pour into the filling..
- Mix it well. Now add the chicken broth, and heavy cream. Simmer 3 minutes stirring constantly..
- Spoon the mixture into the crust. Roll out the top and put over the pot pie. Cut slits into the top. This allows steam to escape..
- Put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.