Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Beef chow fun is a popular Cantonese dish made from stir-frying beef, wide rice noodles, scallions, bean sprouts and dark soy sauce at very high heat! Beef chow fun is a sleeping favorite among Chinese food lovers. The problem is, the traditional version isn't widely available, and there aren't. Classic Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Noodles recipe (aka Gon Chow Ngo Ho) made with chewy flat ho fun rice noodles and tender flavourful beef slices. Beef chow fun is addictive with its chewy noodles and flavourful tender beef slices and it's so easy to sit down and finish off the whole thing.
Ho fun (He fun, shahe fun) is a wide flat rice noodle, popular in Southern China especially in Guangdong province. It is normally stir fried with meat or vegetables. The beef soup base flavored by spices and herbs is the key step of a successful ho fun beef noodle soup.
You can cook Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables with 11 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables:
- 1-1/2 pounds ho fun noodles see my recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef.
- 1/2 pound carrots.
- 1/2 large onion sliced.
- 1/3 cup soya sauce.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/3 cup unbleached flour all purpose.
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper.
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar.
- 1 quart beef broth divided.
Ho Fun noodles are one of the best types of noodles out there. They are flat shaped rather than round, like egg noodles are, and they take in flavour wonderfully. Marinade the beef with the salt, egg white, soy sauce, cornflour and vegetable oil and mix. An easy Beef Chow Fun recipe!
Step by step how to cook Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables:
- Brown the beef and add in the soya sauce, and break up the beef, a bit. Add the vegetables and spices allow to simmer covered till carrots are tender. Add the flour and stir in and cook 4 minutes..
- Add in the beef broth except 1 cup. Add the vinegar. Cook till thickened add the noodles, sesame seed oil, and rest of beef broth..
- Gently stir and allow to incorporate well. Allow to rest 7 minutes, serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Cantonese stir fried ho fun rice noodles with tender beef, bean sprouts, green onions coated in a In Guangdong China, authentic Beef Chow Fun calls for fresh ho fun noodles which you can easily purchase at the market. You can usually find fresh noodles at an. Add the fresh Ho Fun noodles breaking them up with a spoon and stirring everything together. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve. Beef Hor Fun is probably one of the more popular types sold at hawker centres around the island, but you can also find it made with (and without) so many Tip the vegetables onto the beef and noodles.